Treatment of Personal Information
1.Personal Information Collection
Sanken Electric Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") will acquire personal information in an appropriate manner whenever doing so, and notify you of, or announce in advance, the purposes of using personal information, unless such purposes are evident.
2.Purposes of Use
The Company will use personal information provided to it to the extent necessary to fulfill the following purposes. Also, the Company will not use personal information for any purpose other than the following, except where the personal information provider gives prior consent to do so or such use is admissible under applicable law.
<Purposes of Use>
- To introduce, sell or offer the Company's products or services, or answer inquiries with respect thereto, etc.;
- To offer or gather information on the Company's products or services, etc.;
- To give guidance on exhibitions, briefings or other events hosted by the Company;
- To perform executed agreements;
- To prepare internal materials necessary to manage company affairs, propose or draw up business planning, etc;
- To submit legal documents to governmental authorities or make other notifications or reports;
- To maintain smooth relationships with business relations including, but not limited to, sending greeting cards to them;
- To respond to the exercise of any Company shareholder's legal rights, perform the Company's obligations owed to the shareholders of the Company, and provide them with information of the Company; and
- To select or hire employees from candidates who apply for employment.
3.Disclosure to Third Parties
The Company will not provide any personal information provided to it to third parties except in the following cases:
- The Company has prior consent of the personal information provider;
- The Company outsources all or part of its businesses within the scope of the purposes of use;
- The Company co-uses the same within the scope of the purposes of use; or
- The Company responds to a statutory request or is specifically allowed to provide the personal information by statute.
4.Personal Information Sharing
The Company may co-use personal information provided to it with any of its group companies, specified agents or sales agents to the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes of use. The Company shall be liable for management of said personal information.
5.Overseas Transfer of the Personal Information
- Information transfer to a third country: Upon receipt of your inquiry, your personal information will be sent to Japan.
- Question of adequate protection: The European Commission does not recognize Japan as providing adequate protection of personal data.
- Appropriate protection measures: The Company manages the personal information with which it is entrusted through the appropriate implementation of security measures such as access identification and authentication, restrictions on access, authority management, record-keeping, protection against illegal software, and safe procedures for transferring and transmitting data.
- Reproduction of personal information: Backups of data are obtained for system management and operation of the inquiry site.
- Conditions for making personal information available: Authority to access personal information is granted only to those who are indispensable to achieve the stated purpose of use. Personal information will not be made available otherwise.
6.Categories of the Personal Information
Personal information includes name, occupation, organization name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, residential country or area, inquiry categories, inquiry subject, inquiry details, access logs, and other information you input in this inquiry format.
7.Period for Which the Personal Data Will Be Stored
Personal data may be stored for as long as necessary to achieve the stated purpose for using it.
8.Rights of the Data Subject
You have the right with regard to the personal information which you provide as follows:
- The right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject
- The right to object to processing concerning the data subject
- The right to data portability: The right to receive the personal data, which the data subject has provided to the Company, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit those data to another data controller without hindrance from the Company
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal
- The right to lodge a complaint with a suprevisory authority, if it exists, in the country or region that the data object belongs.
9.Statutory or Contractual Requirement Concerning the Provision of the Personal Information
Provision of the personal information is not a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, and you are not obliged to provide personal data. However, if you choose not to provide personal data, it may not be possible to respond to some inquiries.
10.Non-existance of Automated Decision-making Including Profiling
The access log for this website undergoes analysis, but we do not perform automatic processing utilizing the personal data that you provide in order to analyze or predict your likes and dislikes or personal behavior (or to profile you); nor do we use your personal data
to make decisions that might affect you.
11.Reproduction and Secondary Use of Email Reponses
We ask that you refrain from reprinting, reproducing, or using for a second time any part of an email response sent to you, as these emails are intended to be viewed only by their recipient.
If you are under the age of 16, please make your inquiry ONLY AFTER obtaining consent given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility over you.
The inquiry form on this page uses encrypted communication via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for personal data protection.
14.Security of Processing the Personal Data
Recipients of the personal data implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk.
15.Management of Personal Information
The Company makes efforts to safely manage, maintain accuracy of, and update the personal information provided to it.
Please refer any inquiries, regarding personal information provided to the Company, to the Company's division in charge of the relevant business or the following:
Sanken Electric Co, Ltd.
General Affairs and Human Resources Division
3-6-3 Kitano, Niiza-shi, Saitama-ken